As wine lovers, we had to go to Bordeaux, home of some of the best wines in the world! Moreover, France is the country of good gastronomy, which makes it an additional argument to go there. And if you are looking for top things to do while in Bordeaux, you found the right place!
France is either even or double, either you love it or you hate it… In our opinion, Bordeaux is a city apart, living there is so peaceful, the city is beautiful and there are some really good vibes there!
Here is our Top 8 things to do in Bordeaux:
1. Discovering the picturesque village of Saint-Emilion
If you know a little bit about wine, you know that the ones from Saint-Emilion region are the best (and also the most expensive)! What you maybe don’t know, is that the village itself is worth a visit! It is so beautiful and so full a colours, however it can be a bit touristy in summer.
2. Visiting a castle and tasting the wine produced there
In the region of Bordeaux, you will find castles that produce wine everywhere. Do not hesitate to pass by and try your luck. We can bet that they will let you in and let you try the wine they produce there.
3. Observing the reflection of the Place de la Bourse in the Miroir d’Eau
Here, you can combine two highlights of Bordeaux at the same time. The city center of Bordeaux is full of massive, classic buildings and is really worth a visit!
4. Going to the Dune du Pilat, the tallest dune in Europe
It’s quite surprising to have a dune in Europe and not in a desert but it is so much worth the trip to the Dune du Pilat. The climb is not that easy but everyone can do it and the view you will get is really worth the sweat!
5. Going to L’Intendant wine store and observing bottles worth several thousand euros
L’Intendant is a wine store in downtown Bordeaux where you can make very Instagrammable pictures. The more you climb the stairs, the more expensive get the bottles, so keep on and walk till the top!
6. Going for a cheese plate paired with wine
Wine & cheese, well it’s maybe the best mix possible! You eat a bit of cheese on bread and straight drink the wine. It will be like an explosion in your mouth!
7. Climbing to the top of the Tour Pey-Berland and enjoying a panoramic view of the city
This tower looks like an arrow and even if it’s tiring, you should climb up as you will get a beautiful view on the city on every side.
8. Losing yourself in the picturesque and cute streets of Bordeaux
The center of Bordeaux is not very big but is so beautiful with an incredible architecture. The best way to visit it, is just to walk without any goal and enjoy the trip!
- Points 1 and 2 of our Top Things to do in Bordeaux can be done with Bordovino who takes you to visit Saint-Emilion and 2 châteaux with wine tasting. The visit is led by an expert wine guide from the region!
- If you’re there in June, go to “Les Epicuriales“, an outdoor event gathering food and wine producers of the region.
- Every 2 years in June, the Bordeaux Wine Festival takes place on the banks of the Garonne and allows you to chat with the producers, taste their wines and eat delicious traditional French dishes!