Have you ever wonder what it is like to explore one of the happiest country in the world, to experience the now popular so-called hygge, while having a great time and tasting great food? Then you should definitely visit Copenhagen!
Here are our Top 10 things to do in Copenhagen:
1. Exploring the magic of Tivoli Gardens
Tivoli Gardens are the second oldest amusement park in the world! It is kind of a wonderland in the middle of the city! It is said that this park has inspired Walt Disney for Disneyland, a must-see!
2. Wandering around Nyhavn
Nyhavn is a small and cute street around the sea, filled with restaurants and bars! In winter, there is also a wonderful Christmas Market where you can drink mulled wine, yummy!!
3. Learning more about the Danish history at the Rosenborg Castle
This beautiful castle is full of paintings, old and classic furniture and is also home of the Jewels of the Crown!
4. Getting crazy in the former self-ruled city of Christiania
This district was supposed to be home of some kind of hippies who decided to create their own rules. Nowadays, it is more a touristic attraction but it is still very interesting to wander around there.
5. Climbing up the Rundetårn
Rundetårn is an old observatory in a special round form from where you will get a view of the entire city of Copenhagen!
6. Taking a boat tour on the canals
Only if the weather is not too bad (and maybe not in Winter)!
7. Shopping your Christmas presents in a Christmas market
During Christmas time, you will find Christmas markets pretty much everywhere in the city. Don’t forget to drink Gløgg (mulled wine) to get warm 😉
8. Being a real tourist by taking a picture of the Little Mermaid
This small sculpture on the sea has become so famous that so many people know Copenhagen, only for this statue. Honestly, it is not that impressive but it’s a must-see!
9. Ending your day in The Library Bar
This bar is so cool! It looks like an old British library with all its books and the paintings on the wall. You will definitely feel like a British Lord! And also, their cocktails are excellent!
10. Attending the training of the Royal Horse Guards behind the Parliament building
The horses are so beautiful, so well-educated, you definitely have to have a look at this ”show”!
- While there, make sure to take it slow! Danish follow the Hygge life style, which means enjoying the little things, like spending time with your loved ones while drinking a tea by the fire!
- Attending the guards changing in Amalienborg is also really fun and impressive as absolutely no mistake is made! There are several changing during the day but the biggest one is at noon!
- Food in Denmark is a must, therefore it is no surprise that you can find some of the best restaurants in the world in Copenhagen! As we are brunch lovers, we highly recommend you to try The Organic Boho that only serves organic and vegan food and The Union Kitchen!
- Remember that life is pretty expensive in nothern countries, so try to book your hotel well in advance to enjoy the best rates.