Hollywood, Santa Monica, Universal Studios, etc. Los Angeles always remembers something to anyone! LA is one of the most famous city in the world and if you are looking for things to do in Los Angeles, our top 10 will help you!
In total, we have lived for 6 weeks in LA, in different parts of it! We can consider ourselves as ”expert” 😉
1. Hiking to the Hollywood sign
Everyone knows it, you have to see it! You can reach it after a moderate hike but it’s worth it!
2. Biking in Venice Beach and discovering this crazy place
Between Santa Monica and Venice Beach, you can rent bikes almost everywhere, and honestly, it is so cool! Venice Beach is really worth a stop, it is so different from the rest of the city!
3. Enjoying a sunset in Santa Monica
You need the feel the good vibes of Santa Monica and what’s better than a sunset to make it even better?
4. Feeling like a child and letting your inner cinema geek go out in Universal Studios
If you go to Los Angeles, you probably love cinema, so head to Universal Studios to try rollercoasters based on movies! You will spend an amazing day there!
5. Learning some cool stuffs about astronomy at the Griffith Observatory
The Observatory is located on top of a hill so you get a great view on LA, from Downtown to the beach. Inside, there are some interesting facts about the Earth and the Solar system.
6. Going for a hike in Runyon Canyon to enjoy an amazing view all over LA
If you feel like you want to do some sports, go for a hike in Runyon Canyon! But be aware of snakes, you may meet with some of them…
7. Learning more about the history of cinema at the Warner Bros Studios
These studios are quite different from the Universal Studios as these are more focused on the history of cinema. You will be able to walk on the sets of many movies, which is quite cool!
8. Relaxing at Echo Park
Near Downtown LA and its crazy skyscrapers, you will find a peaceful heaven called Echo Park. This gorgeous park will make you feel in another city!
9. Getting a shot of adrenaline with the amazing rollercoasters in Six Flags
If you like rollercoasters and want to get a shot of adrenaline, you have to go to Six Flags! The rollercoasters are huge and pretty hardcore, so get ready to scream!
10. Renting a car and hitting the road on the highway 1 to start one of the best road trip experience ever
Take your car and head towards San Francisco as the first step of an amazing journey!
- LA is a very expensive city for accommodation… We decided to book an apartment on Airbnb and had the chance to get some really well-located apartments for way cheaper than hotels!
- Book everything in advance as it may help you save a lot of time and money!
- One of the best place to enjoy the sunset is at the Griffith Observatory, however, make sure to get there early enough as it may very busy at that time…
- LA is a good place to start your road trip on the West Coast! It was the starting point and ending point of ours! Maybe you will soon get some more news about it 😉