Are you looking for a trip around Italy or just for a short city break? In each case, the vibrant city of Milano should be on your list! The world capital of fashion is also known for its food and its history! If you are looking for what to do when in Milano, our top 8 will definitely help you!
As Switzerland is very close to Italy and especially to Milano, we go there once or twice a year so, for us, it is kind of a second home 🙂
Without further delay, here are our Top 8 things to do while in Milano:
1. Visiting the world famous Duomo
If there is one thing you should see while in Milano is the Duomo, a stunning cathedral with a beautiful architecture!
2. Taking a look at The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci
This masterpiece by Leonardo da Vinci shows the Last Supper of Jesus before he was betrayed by Judas!
3. Wandering in Navigli
This lovely neighbourhood is full of bars and restaurants! What makes it so lovely is the fact that it is around a canal!
4. Going shopping, anywhere in the city
Milano is the capital of shopping, so just go for it and spend it all!
5. Eating some amazing Italian food
Pizza, pasta, risotto, etc. Italy is also the country of food! So be ready to eat a lot!
6. Visit other neighbourhoods of Milano
Newly built neighbourhoods such as CityLife or Porta Garibaldi are also worth a trip there: Milano is the economic center of Italy, you will understand why in these neighbourhoods!
7. For the ones who can afford it, going shopping in the Galleria Vittorio Emmanuele II
Gucci, Versace, Louis Vuitton, to name a few. Near the Duomo, you will find all the best brands (and expensive) in the world!
8. Letting yourself get lost and visiting a magnificent church
There are so many beautiful monuments, churches and neighbourhoods in Milano. Just go, wander and find what you love!
- Milano is a vibrant city but a very safe one. Allow yourself to wander in the city and discover plenty of new neighbourhoods, places, and so on.
- If you are looking for shopping and have a car, try going out of the city center to find some outlets. Their prices are really interesting and they offer a lot of choices! Here are two we can advise you: Serravalle and Vicolungo.
- If possible, avoid eating or having a drink around Il Duomo. It is most likely to be a tourist trap: the food will be very average and it will be very expensive.